NOTHING CAN STOP HER


Journaling and poetry helps helps us process feelings, reduce stress, and gain clear perspective on everyday problems. These two aspects are my strengths and creative outlets. People have been asking me through this season am I still able to write and write poetry.

The answer is definitely yes, just because im going through cancer treatment hasn't stopped me, infact its kept me going. I might have taken a different route but once a poet always a poet. I write almost daily about and through this journey both indirectly or directly.  

But through this experience and experience of posting on line I'm not more aware. I have been the victim of people stealing my words and claiming them as their own. I have experienced the critics cruel side of pulling my words apart. But such things I have learned to overcome, now being cautious where, when and I share my creative inner thoughts. 

Through this season I write about the good days and the bad days. I started at the beginning writing a cancer journal. I wanted to publish it into a self help journal for other Christians. But early on in my treatment way before chemo, I clearly heard God say no. That He wanted me to write for Himself and myself. To tell him how i was feeling through my journal words, carry on as before. 


During this season I have connected more with various writers and groups. Those I'm part of my relationships have grown stronger and more helpful. But its not just one sided, I pray I've been able to support other writers in their journeys. 


Cancer and it's treatment may have had it toll on my body and daily living. But cancer hasn't had th opportunity to steal my joy and my gift of writing. I trust that it has encouraged, blessed and inspired everyone that little bit more than it had before - for me definitely. 


I discovered Cancer is the umbrella word and underneath it are a million words that connects to it. I'm a wordsmith, I love the discovery and learning of words. Some of the terminology has been quite eye opening. When it comes to rhyming with such words it fascinating.  


So no nothing or no one will ever stop me being a poet nor a creative writer. Some say a kingdom writer, some say a prolific writer, some say a nuisance writer - I say I'm non of these but just a writer with no pacific audience (we don't always need one) no one area or subject. I don't think you can even call me free lance.  


We all have a choice, you can choose to read this and agree, read this and disagree. I can't make you. I can't be responsible for your words said. Believe me some of of the things I've heard in this season have been quite amusing. We each have to take responsibility because words carry both actions and reactions. 


I'm just the girl God created me to be. Writing honestly and truthfully. From my heart i will always write with God's blessing and direction only. 


©️Sarah Joy Holden

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHE HAS DONE IT

ROBERT BURNS

EARTHS CARETAKERS