JOYS AND PERILS

 


 JOYS AND PERILS OF WORDS 

I love to play with with words
Words we all use in our everyday
I love discovering new words
Watching how they form and play

I love being a prolific daily wordsmith
Poetry and verse is my daily fix
There isn't one subject I write about
I write about things as they happen

It helps us process the world around me
Our world is filled with endless content
Never missing an opportunity to write
Fitting it in alongside our daily routines

We don't have to look very far for words
For they meet and greet us all day long
Words that inspired greatest ever speeches
Words that have defined the course of history

I love to hear polite spoken words
Words from all poets old and new
Poets and writers like me and you
Zephaniah, Keats.....to name just few

Words written the rules of five or ten
Poetry comes with all kinds of definitions
Don't be alarmed, by rules and opinion
Let creative words, flow from your hearts

Words fall easily from the tongue
Sometimes without any thought
The mind thinks and the lips speaks
Wonderful how each part connect

This world full of endlless words
All varieties of spelling and meaning
Always pushing new boundaries
And keeping the writers progressing

Words can hurt us, words can lift us
Words are reminders that guide us
Words are shouted, words are hushed
Words can haunt us for decades

I can't imagine life without words.....
those spoken or Makaton signed
Words spoken in every language
What a privilege we've been gifted

O' words may we never lose each other.....
stay with me until my final earthly day
May these words inspire one another
let our words become our greatest legacy!.....




©️Sarah Joy Holden
(Prolific & Midlife Writer)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TAKE A BREAK

KINGS WRITER IN PROGRESS

THE BOOK OF PSALMS