WALKING CHALLENGE 2023



Where it began: 


So this little adventure actually started back on 31 December 2023, whilst out walking on my annual new year eve walk. I gave myself a challenge that I would go for a walk every Sunday throughout the year.

The aim at first was just to walk on Sunday afternoons as a processing therapy walk to clear my head. However, this soon turned into a weekly any day challenge. I wanted to become physically, spiritually and mentally more challenged and healthier.

I didn't feel physically healthier despite more walking then I normally would. Yet spiritually and mentally I was starting to feel the benefits. Yet I still needed something more; I felt unable to do community or organised walk such as Park Runs.

Derwen College 10k:

In March an opportunity arose to complete the Derwen College and Enterprise annual Derwen College 10k Walk in June. Before I had time to think about it I'd signed up and started to generate sponsorship and support. I raised £178 for the Derwen College charity, thank you for those who sponsored me. 

👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣


Walking Motivation:
Following on from June I kept up the walking even on the days I really couldn't face it. I'd walk through all weather's and terrine.

Most walks have been in Oswestry and surrounding areas, yet some have been further afield, here is some of the places that I've discovered over this year. Radbrook Shrewsbury, Criccieth, Greenfield Park Holywell, Conwy, Henley Wood, Walton Park Sale, Abererch, Rhos-Y-Gadfa, Breidden, Henlle, Park Hall Halt. I've also walked places I have been regularly including; Montgomery Castle, Montgomery Canal, Llangollen Canal, Chirk, Morda, Llanforda, Henley Woods, Hillfort, Candy, Oswestry Old Racecourse, Ellesmere, Whittington, Wilfred Owen Green.





Most of the time I've been out walking alone. But there has been occasions where I've been joined by family and friends.  Thank you for your company and I'm always happy to go walking with others. 

Further Challenges:
Sarah's Walking Challenge 2023 has covered 294 miles in one year; uncertain how many steps that is but I would imagine that's a fair few. As for 2024 yes I'll continue with the walking but also looking at a new challenges, there are somethings in the pipeline and I shall confirm at a later date.

All that remains for me to say, is thank you for journeying with me throughout 2023, looking forward to all that is ahead in 2024.

Happy New Year,

Midlife Writer 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TAKE A BREAK

KINGS WRITER IN PROGRESS

THE BOOK OF PSALMS