THE SEARCH


THE SEARCH (A short poetry story)

Lost in the white of the snow,
You search, but nothing shows,
Somewhere buried in the earth,
As others now join the search.

Soon the whole street was full,
A park keeper came with a shovel,
Some unaware of what was lost,
Some where expressing doubt.

A policeman blowing his whistle,
Came across this frantic scene,
'Order what is all this commotion,
Can someone please explain'.




'Me sir' a small timmed voice spoke,
I have lost my white earphone piece,
I've dropped it somewhere in the snow,
And these kind folk are helping me.

'Well what a daft thing to have done,
You must say thank you to these people,
And You'll just have to be more careful.'
The small voice replies; 'O' that I will.

Just then the culprit felt something in his pocket,
They reached in, and yelled 'I've found it'.
It had been hiding in there pocket all along,
And crowd went on their way, rejoicing.

- Midlife Writer ©️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TAKE A BREAK

KINGS WRITER IN PROGRESS

THE BOOK OF PSALMS